29/05/2019 0 Comments
4 ways to make your pool-scape stunning
Your backyard is an extension of your home. That’s why when you’re installing a new pool or redoing the landscaping around your current one, you want to create a welcoming place that you’ll use for years to come. Here are four ways to make the pool landscaping in your Ottawa backyard look amazing.
- Choose curvy shapes
Residential pools come in a variety of shapes. However, curvy shapes tend to be particularly pleasing to the eye. Consider a curve-shaped pool for a look that mimics natural landscaping features.
- Incorporate vegetation
Plants and trees can provide privacy while also giving your pool-scape the look you prefer. When deciding what to grow, opt for low maintenance plants. Or, if space is at a premium, choose potted plants. You can match the pots to your overall landscaping theme.
If you’d like to plant a tree, make sure to plant it far enough away that the roots won’t cause damage to the pool walls. To avoid major leaf cleanup every fall, choose trees that won’t drop their leaves.
- Play with different heights
One key to beautiful landscaping is to think vertically as well as horizontally. To this end, you could:
· Create visual interest by using different heights in your pool landscaping design. A low wall can be built to define your pool area and could even double as a relaxing water feature with a waterfall.
· Install a multi-level patio. They’re a great way to make the most of a small yard or to create distinct spaces for eating and relaxing.
· Build custom pergolas and gazebos. They’re a great way to use vertical space while also providing your pool area with some shade.
- Don't forget the barbecue!
To make your backyard feel even more luxurious, create a custom barbecue and outdoor dining area. It can be as simple as a deck with space for a patio table and your barbecue. Or you can build a full outdoor kitchen complete with a built-in grill and bar sink.
Expert pool landscaping in Ottawa
Landmark Landscaping specializes in custom pool and pool scapes, water features and decks. Our patios can be made of hardwood, composite decking or interlocking stones. If you’re ready to enhance your Ottawa backyard with a pool, trust us to create your backyard oasis. Call us today to get a free estimate.